Friday, March 25, 2011

Never Again

For a couple of years now, my weight has hovered between 180 & 195 . . . but I have NEVER crossed to the 200 barrier . . . until now. Last week I not only hit 200, but sped right past it to 205. I think that is what scared me into finally kick starting my diet & exercise.

It only took a week, but I'm solidly back under 200 (at 196) and NEVER want to be there again. This is the heaviest I have ever been in my life and I'm embarrassed about that fact. The pictures in Florida made me realize that I have been rationalizing my weight . . . and really I am on the same path as my mom & sisters - heading straight toward obesity.

Dieting is not proving easy for me this time. Making food for the kids constantly has found me mindlessly tossing munchies in my mouth. But keeping a food log has kept me mostly honest so far. I'm a week in and doing alright.

We went out to dinner for the first time last night and I was prepared. I looked up the restaurant before we left and picked out a meal so I wouldn't even have to open the menu. Then I one upped myself by ordering a half salad instead of the full I had picked out. But then I did myself in by eating a piece of Justin's pizza and the rest of Kenzie's mac & cheese. So a step in the right direction (by picking the meal in advance), but still need a couple more giant leaps that way (NOT eating the left overs).

I also started the 100 push up & 200 sit up programs this week. Today will be day 3 . . . we'll see if I can use those programs to work on strength & core building in addition to my jogging & pilates.

No comments:

Post a Comment