Sunday, March 6, 2011

Read, Set . . .

Well, I started this blog in November . . . then promptly headed home for Thanksgiving, back up North for 2 weeks at Christmas & New Year's, came South to buy a house on January 7th. That resulted in moving on January 15th and flying to Florida for a 2 week vacation January 29th. We've been home for 3 weeks now and FINALLY I am revisiting my resolutions to get healthy.

Today is March 6th and I went for my very first run of 2011. I mowed our lawn for the first time today and I felt good being outside in the sunshine doing physical labor . . . so I changed into running clothes and took off.

It wasn't pretty at all. I went 1.4 miles in about 20 minutes . . . but I haven't run at all since October. So that is to be expected. I had to stop and walk a couple of times which is embarrassing. But I did it and I guess that is the important thing.

I went out to visit my Grandma yesterday and was inspired to get started. Grandma Petersen is 90 years old but looks fantastic and is going strong. I need to get my act together so I can cash in some of these Petersen family genes (and jeans).

I am extremely overweight. Probably the heaviest I have ever been. 200 pounds. I want to get that down between 150 & 160. So I have a long way to go. The current plan is to jog 3 or 4 times each week and try to do a work out video every single day (that way when I miss days it won't be such a big deal).

I also need to get eating under control . . . but that is actually a much bigger hurdle for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment